Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Where to direct your energies

Great things can be borne out of frustration, or they may never see the light of day. Deep frustration can be a force of creation, if you let. It can also go the other way, and turn into bitterness, regret and the realm of lost opportunities.

What you let it do is up to you. If you let it consume you, it will be the end of you. If you channel it towards the future, then it can be the fuel that will get you to the moon. 

And yes, I’m fully aware of equity, that bad things have happened to you, that you had it tough, that it was unfair and all of that. There is a time and place for that. You can lick your wounds. It will help to heal. 

But once the wounds are dry, then you have to do the most badass thing possible: and that is to go out there, to go harder than you ever went before, to dig deeper, and to forge a path were none existed. 

Your “deep frustration” will be your strength, it will be what will be your “super-power” until you have put a fly-wheel together. And by that time, well, then you will forgotten all about your frustration, and all that you to do then is to ride the big fat wave. And ride it well. Ride it as hard as you can, as far as you can, and for as long as you can.

This is my super-power, because I force myself to direct my “frustrations” (we all have them, I’m no different from you!). I think about it during “worry-time”, during the odd mornings or moments that I can dedicate to “coffee and contemplation”. 

Then I think about it some more during a work-out, or when it feels like the boulder that I’m pushing to the top of the hill—----that it will never get there. That’s when I dig in, that’s when I dig deep, that’s when I tell myself that this is my super-power, that this is my “little secret”, and that this will be what will get me to accomplish everything that I want out of the future for me and my family.

It’s all there, and it’s all there for the take. Life is a positive-sum game. Meaning: everyone can win, according to their terms. It’s like the rising tide that lifts all boats. It’s about having you sail up when there’s a huge gust of wind. It’s all of those things. And it’s up to you to take advantage of all of this, but the way to get there is to “direct” your “energies” and “frustrations” (actually, they are the same thing!). And then, boooooooom, a few years down, and your life looks totally different. Now, ain’t that something!? 

 

Watch the video:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment